Meghan Markle reveals Archie's nursery went on fire during royal tour 1 month ago

Meghan Markle reveals Archie's nursery went on fire during royal tour

"Everyone's in tears"

Meghan Markle has revealed her son Archie's nursery went up in flames during a royal tour.

Advertisement

The mum opened up about the terrifying incident in an episode of her new podcast Archetypes.

Speaking to Tennis champion and friend Serena Williams, Meghan revealed it happened during a royal tour to Africa.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, and their son Archie visited Africa in 2019.

After conducting a royal engagement, Prince Harry and Meghan were given the bad news.

Advertisement

Someone told them that the residence they were staying in went on fire.

"There’s been a fire at the residence. There’s been a fire in the baby’s room."

A heater went on fire in the room Archie was meant to be staying in. There also wasn't a smoke detector in the room, but luckily someone smelt the smoke down the hallway.

They went into the room and extinguished the fire before any major damage was done.

Advertisement

"Our amazing nanny Lauren…was in floods of tears."

"She was supposed to put Archie down for his nap and she just said, you know what, let me go and get a snack from downstairs."

Thankfully, Archie's nanny Lauren took him with her when the fire had broken out.

Advertisement

After the ordeal, Prince Harry and Meghan were expected to return to work, but the parents were so upset.

"Everyone’s in tears, everyone is shaking. And what did we have to do? Go out and do another official engagement.

Meghan continued, "This doesn’t make any sense. Could you just tell people what happened?"

Archie was only four and a half months old when the fire broke out in his nursery.