Prince Philip admitted to hospital after "feeling unwell" 1 week ago

Prince Philip admitted to hospital after "feeling unwell"

He will remain in hospital for a few days.

The Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip has been taken to hospital after reporting that he was "feeling unwell."

Advertisement

Philip, aged 99, was taken to London's King Edward VII Hospital yesterday evening. Buckingham Palace has issued a statement to confirm the news.

"His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London, on Tuesday evening," they said.

"The Duke's admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness's Doctor, after feeling unwell.

"The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest."

According to royal sources, Philip's admission to hospital is being classed as non-serious. The Duke was admitted to hospital previously just before Christmastime in 2019.

He was said to have been admitted as a "precautionary measure" on the advice of his doctor.

Buckingham Palace confirmed the news in a statement at the time, saying: "The Duke of Edinburgh travelled from Norfolk this morning to the King Edward VII Hospital in London for observation and treatment in relation to a pre-existing condition.

Advertisement

"The admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness's doctor."